How to Hide a Firearm in a Picture
How To Conceal A Bad Ass Weapon – James Bond Style.
Think this is silly? Think again.
For those who own firearms, safe storage is a must. You would not want your 3 year old to have their little hands on a book of matches, would you? You would not want a burglar to have the ability to steal your car keys. Guns are the same way. Proper storage techniques can help to ensure the safety of your loved ones. Here is a nifty way to store your rifle or a larger gun without anyone thinking twice about it.
You Will Need:
- A decent sized picture frame
- 2 wall mounts
- 2 Brackets
- A screwdriver
- A hammer
- Mount two brackets into the picture frame using a 1-3/8” wide drill bit for a perfect circle to inlay the cabinet style bracket.
- Only needs to be 3/4” deep. This allows the picture to open upward without hitting the wall, and yet being flush when closed
Note: Recommend drilling hole 1/4” or just slightly more from the edge. Not just for strength purposes, but when closed the 1/4” board used as backing will fit perfectly inside so picture is flush against the wall.
- Mount to wall using wall mounts.
- Hammer two L hooks (use your judgement) into the wall a decent length apart to support the weight of the rifle.
Add motion detectors to the inside of the picture frame to set an alarm in case your hiding spot is disturbed! You can find these on Amazon
Secure the rifle in place!
Put the picture frame over the rifle.